Monday, January 20, 2014

DIARY OF THE BLACK ALBUM

Finally... I'm returning to more of my regular schedule. I'm over the hump of my second novel and hoping to have a first draft for my editor in a couple of weeks.

With all the holidays out of  the way, I'm continuing the timeline from the making of the movie. I've decided to retitle it however. Instead of Timeline Number Five, this will be:

DIARY OF THE BLACK ALBUM 
# 5

September 28th

That night myself and members of the cast and crew stayed at the large Strawberry Lodge, the mansion style home we elected to be the main location of the film. Our cast included the lead actresses' two daughters, her teenage brother and a couple of their friends.

At 3:00am, I woke up to the sound of screaming. Sharlene (the lead actress) and I ran downstairs, where the shouts had come from. We almost ran into one of Sharlene's daughters, Paulina. The girl looked scared. A few moments later, we found the rest of the kids. They said they had - literally - seen a ghost. The ghost of a little boy to be exact.

Sharlene and I, flashlight in hand, patrolled the downstairs, room by room. Although we saw nothing, we could feel something. I'm not superstitious. And, as much as I like to write about them, I do not believe in ghosts or other things that go bump in the night. However, the hairs were standing up on my arms.

Alone, on the back patio, I found evidence of the kids. A pizza box - I had ordered pizzas earlier - and the embers of a marijuana joint the kids had obviously been smoking. I did not tell their mother.

October 2nd

Sharlene and I return home to find an arrangement of white stones on our doorstep. It is a circle with a symbol inside the circle. I kick the rocks away, thinking the kids are pranking us. Something about it felt ancient, tribal.

October 3rd

The shoot has really begun. We are shooting sequences with the actor playing the Demon Jeremy at our house. He is our highest profile actor, so we are trying to shoot him out first. We keep losing house power and have to keep flipping the lights back on. 

At least thirty coyotes, on a small hill right behind our house begin howling. The sound is maddening, and frightening. 

I notice there is a full moon.

TO BE CONTINUED


Demon rising.
Images courtesy of The Black Album
  








No comments:

Post a Comment